Make sure to start off with prayer. Then choose one or more questions to open up with.
- What's one family holiday tradition you want to start this year?
Main points and scriptures from this week's message.
Talk-it-Out: What has been your experience with your natural family?
Point 1: You are formed to be a part of God's family.
Hebrews 2:10 (NCV)
God is the One who made all things, and all things are for His glory. He wanted to have many children share His glory . . .
Romans 12:5 (GWT)
. . . Christ makes us one body and individuals who are connected to each other.
Talk-it-Out: What has been your experience with being a part of God's family?
Point 2: You are loved.
1 John 3:1 (NIV)
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!
Talk-it-Out: Is it difficult for you to believe that God loves you unconditionally?
Point 3: You are wanted.
Ephesians 1:5 (NLT)
God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. This is what He wanted to do, and it gave Him great pleasure.
Talk-it-Out: What does it mean to you that God chose you to be part of His family?
Point 4: You belong.
Romans 12:4–5 (NIV)
For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
Galatians 4:7 (NLT)
Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are His child, God has made you His heir.
Talk-it-Out: What is something you are going to continue to do or commit to doing to get more involved in community at church?
Encourage your group to start writing things down. Do the following exercises:
- Do a SOAP devotional on Ephesians 2. Read the SCRIPTURE, write down your OBSERVATIONS, write down how you can APPLY it to your life, and say a PRAYER.
Encourage your group to start doing. Commit to a step, and live it out this week.
- Reach out to at least one person from church this week as part of your spiritual family.
- Complete Growth Track. Every Saturday in Tacoma 6:00pm, and every Sunday at all of our campuses at 11:30am.
- Finish group with prayer requests and praise reports.
- More resources always available here: Small Group Resources